This all started when Google rolled out an email update to its users in the early February, stating, ” Your Personal Google+ account is going away on April 2, 2019“.
|Google plus is eventually sunsetting 🙁|
What actually happened to Google+?
Earlier this month Google sent out an email notification to all of the Google+ users about its decision on shutting down their social media service.
Although, They originally announced their decision on shutting down Google+ in April 2019, back in December 2018 itself. But now this email finalizes the verdict that Google+ is now really going away.
|The E-mail Google rolled out to the users|
Google said in the email, “On April 2nd, your Google+ account and any Google+ pages you created will be shut down and we will begin deleting content from consumer Google+ accounts.”
Google is really the king of the internet and has so many services running out there that it creates a little confusion over the Google plus shutdown.
Google Plus was a Google’s approach to social networking that didn’t bloom that much, So only their social networking wing is going away.
Nothing is happening to the Google – Search Engine, your Gmail and the other Google Services that you use.
What things are going away?
01. Your Consumer ( Personal ) Google+ account and the pages you created. After February 4th, All the Google+ accounts, pages and communities creating options were seized.
As Google clearly mentioned in the email, ” As early as February 4th, you will no longer be able to create new Google+ profiles, pages, communities or events “
02. The photos and Videos from your album archive.
03. Google+ sign-in button that lets you sign in to any website or service using your Google plus account. But you will still be able to sign in with your Google Account.
04. Google+ Comment options from websites. This feature is already removed from Blogger. And from all other sites, this feature will leave as early as March 7th.
All of the Comments done using Google+ Comment option will be deleted starting, March 7th.
05. On the other hand, Google plus for G-Suite is not going anywhere.
Why Google+ is saying GoodBye?
Well, in Google’s word’s, they say, ” We announced our decision to shut down Google+ for consumers in April 2019 due to low usage and challenges involved in maintaining a successful product that meets consumers’ expectations. “
So probably the low usage is the possible cause of sunsetting Google Plus.
Bonus: Download your Google+ data
Related: Facebook is about to integrate Whats app, Messenger and Instagram
Related: Facebook Moments App is now logging off on February 25!
Thank – You ! for Reading